Brian Wilson Associates offers high quality research, evaluation and advice, to support organisations which develop or deliver policies, programmes and projects.
- Policy review and advice
- Strategy and plan development
- Evaluation and impact assessment of policies and programmes
- Good practice and guidance development
- Survey management and data analysis
- Literature and document reviews
Brian is a professional researcher based in the south of England, who set up Brian Wilson Associates in 2008, following a career in the public sector, working in central government, the local government sector and in public agencies.
Brian and his associates are well known for their in-depth knowledge of rural communities and economies, and their track record working on rural policy development and delivery. This includes ‘rural proofing’ – so that mainstream policies can be effective in rural places.
Other areas of specialism include community action, local economic development, service delivery and public service reform, local governance and tackling inequalities.
Telephone: 07505 139 068
Clients of Brian Wilson Associates have included:
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- House of Lords Select Committee (as a specialist adviser)
- Rural Services Network
- Action with Communities in Rural England
- Rural Coalition
- National Association of Local Councils
- Ordnance Survey
- Amazon UK
- Electricity North West Ltd
- Essex County Council
- North Nottinghamshire LEADER programme
Commissioned projects worked on during the last few years include:
- Developing a Rural Proofing for Health Toolkit
- The State of Rural Services 2018 report
- Unlocking the Digital Potential of Rural Areas across the UK
- Monitoring the Defra Investment Programme in the ACRE Network
- Select Committee on the Rural Economy
- The RSN’s campaign call for a Rural Strategy
- A Coastal Community Team Economic Plan